THE GIFTED ROBERT GOREN

Caps by Jazzy, who is writhing in pain from a toothache, although she used more colorful language than I did.


From the USA Newsletter: "In this week's brand new episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent... Two young brothers endure the insanity of their mother until she dies under questionable circumstances in a bathtub. Twenty years later, when the elder brother is confronted with the reality of a life he has sought to leave behind, he kills his brother. Detectives Goren and Eames follow the clues that lead them through a multitude of assumed identities."



Sound familiar - a mother who has a history of insanity (schizophrenic) which in turn leads to brother issues. This should be right up Detective Goren's alley. Talk about relating to the perp, he's got it in spades. Once again our beloved Bobby has to endure the painful memories of his childhood. Glimpsing into his own painful history opens up old wounds but also provides him with insights into the killer's pathology. That is why he is a brillant profiler, he can get into the perp's head.

It is evident that the old Bobby is slowly but surely resurfacing; the confident swagger, the pensive glances, his presence and command of the interrogation room are all signs that he has started to heal. Then there's his "look" - the beard is back (yeah), his hair is fuller and curly and he's so handsome and powerful looking.


Two items of note (in my opinion) take place in the interrogation room. The first is when he speaks German (I love it when he speaks a foreign language) and the second is when he says to the perp "isn't he all you had?" referring to his brother. All I could think of was when he himself spoke those words last season (Frame episode) "She thinks Frank is all I have" referring to Nicole Wallace. I swear at one point he looked as though he was teary eyed at the loss of his brother. Looking at those photos of the two brothers must have brought back vivid memories of happier times. It was so touching. He really knows how to break your heart and tear down your defences. All in all a great show and a sweet tribute to his own life and how he too could have led a different life if not for his own personal fortitude and strength of character.

What's your take on last night's show?

20 comments:

  1. God how handsome he is. I can't wait to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no one like Robert Goren!!That what I love about him..and YES I love for what he is,why he is and what he belives in!!:))It is not possible to love him,simply not possible!!;)Goren just wins you over,grabing your hart and soul;and you can't get them back!!;))And not to start on what Boby Goren and his body what kind of hot efect have on me and my body!!;)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:14 PM

    Arrgh, you're killing me - it will probably be Wednesday before he arrives and I can sit in peace to watch him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right up until the end scenes it had seemed that Bobby was coping fine..he wasn't let the similarities get to him too much. But the end..I ended up feeling sorry for both of them :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can a man be so dumbfounded and numb from what's happened in his life and so fucking SEXY at the same time??!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait until the new season starts - I thin it begins in 2 weeks here - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked this episode. It was intense in it's subject matter, and even more so in how it related to BG. But if (anyone) were looking for a more light-hearted cop show, this wasn't it. Now me, I'm not looking for any light-hearted cop show full of quirky jokes. But that's just me.
    BTW, VDO was fucking HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great episode! He reigns as HOTNESS SUPREME!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too many guest star scenes not enough Bobby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:28 AM

    I really liked it and its parallel to his own life's circumstances with his mother and brother. I think it tells us that Bobby has healed some and is coming out of the ashes from last season whole and strong.

    Reminds me a touch of when he talked Neil Patrick Harris into confessing to spare him the death penalty. I still remember Eames "Of all the people to go to bat for." He really is a very compassionate person and you could tell the memories were running around in his head of him, Frank, and his mom.

    On the hotness scale - he was off the charts! I melt when I see those curls. Damn shame he felt compelled to cut them off in December and it looks like he is keeping it short. Someone please next time you see him in public scream out to him that we love, Love, LOVE the curls and not to cut his hair! Perhaps a petition (not a boycott) to bring back the curls. No way I would boycott anything the man does no matter what he did!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was distracted... there were curls! I love them! Witness, I think we should track him down and tell him... or we tie him down and just wait for them to grow!!

    I liked this ep and I think it would've been a good Season opener, too. Both Playing Dead and Identity Crisis were rather "bleak" or "sad", it seems the fun part has stayed with the Goldblum half of the show thus far. I hope it will return to this half, too.

    But then there was those curls...

    I liked that there were no open references to Mama Goren, but it was left to VDO to convey Bobby's suffering. And MAN HE DID. Wow.

    But the curls stole the show...

    The story was yet a little simple, but too many things about it were great. We knew who the perp was, and the cops knew pretty early, too. From then on, it was all about the Intent...

    Have I mentioned the curls yet???

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the show and how the writers purposely mirrored Goren's own life to show that under the same circumstances one could be compelled to handle things much differently. Bobby's intellect, strength of character and nuturing personality were key factors that helped him survive his own brutal childhood. The acting was subtle and not over stated. Bobby was very subdued and gentle when he interrogated the perp which led to his final heart breaking disclosure. I felt sorry for both men. It was a very touching episode and I agree with everyone a better choice for the season opener. One final note - those CURLS - bring them back! Thanks everyone for the great comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Artist: I couldn't have said it better!

    ps...I hope your tooth feels better soon Jazzy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:45 PM

    Perhaps that is why he cut the curls off - he knew they were too distracting for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Witness, you might be onto something...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tjara

    If you decide to tie him down and wait for the curls to grow, may I request a few moments alone with him? There's just a few things I'd like to ...ummm...TALK to him about.

    PS make sure he's tied in a lying down position, thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tricia,

    may I remind you, that my hands are still glued to him. (Refer to comments of previous post for more information!) Letting him go will be impossible ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I liked this episode and was also a tad distracted by the curls (understatement) I keep imagining running my fingers through them to the point I keep missing what was being said, then had to rewind to catch up - sigh !!!!

    *Hugs* Jazzy - hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tjara,
    Your hands may be glued to him but you have to sleep sometime, or at least take a bathroom break ;) I'll wait, he's worth it...LOL

    ReplyDelete