One Word.

Team Thirteen is proud to be able to welcome the newest permanent member of our blogging crew - Jenz1101.

Jenz is well known to many VDO fans already, not least because of her wonderful vids on YouTube. We count ourselves very lucky to have her on board.

Take it away, Jen!




ONE WORD.








I was recently invited to what I thought was just a friendly 'gathering' at a friend's. Boy, was I misinformed. Turned out to be more of a hostage situation. She was buying a home security system and she got a discount if she could con suckers - er ... I mean, friends into showing up for a sales pitch. Brilliant! Well, I sat there dreading it, knowing I would be bored stiff for a couple hours.

Fortunately the saleswoman started the pitch with a fun game that made me think of Vincent. (Yeah yeah I know, really a shocking development, my mind wandering to Vincent. Who'd have guessed?!) She asked all of us to introduce ourselves and then describe our personalities in ONE WORD.

The entire room shared a moment of horror as we all struggled with our inner thesaurus. I ended up choosing 'complicated' cause it was the best I could come up with on short notice. Yes lame, but sue me. I wasn't prepared for a pop quiz. But as the woman began to drone on and on about safety in our homes I got to thinking.

"What one word would I use to describe our beloved Vincent?"

Right away hundreds of words tumbled over themselves in my head. Sexy. Seductive. Handsome. Mysterious. Sensualist. Intelligent. Witty. Charmismatic. I haven't even gotten started yet with the laundry list I entertained. But since I had a whole tedious sales pitch to sit through before I could eat the cake I had plenty of time for an inner debate.

The word I decided on was CHAMELEON.

No, not the lizard that changes color!!!

I am referring to it's other definition. An adptable person; changeable in appearance.

So for you dear Project 13 enthusiasts I propose his word is chameleon. Vincent changes with every role, he adapts different mannerisms and dialects as the role dictates and he is even willing to physically alter his appearance so dramatically at times that he is barely recognizable.

Above I have added some visual aides for any of you that still don't see my reasoning.

One look at the man and you can see that there is definitely more underneath than meets the eye. You can almost sense that just below the surface, he is ready to morph or change to suit his environment and mood.

If you have a better word for him I'd love for you to tell me. I am always interested in what the Vixens come up with! Your thoughts are always entertaining and thought provoking. Thanks for listening to me ramble. Here's to hoping that 2009 hurries up already cause I'm still twerked off at the fact that I won't be curled up in front of my tv this evening enthralled by my favorite ... Chameleon.

~jenz~

23 comments:

  1. Definitely The Human Chameleon. Not that he had to change in the slightest for me to love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Team Thirteen, Jenz. I think Chameleon is a perfect way to describe Vincent, even if the word does aslo make me think of lizards, and a children's story by Eric Carle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the one word I wish I could use is:

    MINE ;>)

    .... sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenesaisquoi – that certain something that is indefinable. If Vincent were a color he would be a plaid, no one color could speak to the depth of his personality. He’s complicated, intense and possesses that special something that defies description. I won’t bore you with all my usual adjectives; let me simply say that Vincent is the essence of every good trait that embodies the word “man”. He is the alpha & the omega; the beginning and the end. Yes, definitely -Jenesaisquoi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW - welcome jenz1101!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to have your thoughts shared here with us, Jen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so good to see you here, jenz a/k/a fire woman! let it burn babe ;)

    my word for vince is "orgasmic"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenz1101..welcome!!
    You put the truth so well,in to words!!
    A GOD!!;)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:03 PM

    'Special' - about sums it up for me, and even better is that he doesn't KNOW he is ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could think of just one word! Welcome to Team Thirteen Jenz :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome aboard, Jenz! I think your word definitely works. In the acting biz, he's already known as "The Human Chameleon." Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't think of anything you haven't already said..oh,wait..did you say MARVELOUS??

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think Vincent almost warrants a whole new vocabulary, all new words, devoted entirely to the process of trying to describe him.

    Hunkachunk.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:46 PM

    I agree with ann one word id like to use is mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Forgot to say, "Welcome Jenz"!! I used the word "fearless" before because of the parts he plays. But, to me, I still say "human chocolate"!!LOL.....smacks lips and licks fingers and a HUGE grin on my face......

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hypnotic.

    That's because when he's on the screen, I can't take my eyes off him. And my mind certainly goes to a happy place... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vincent has such a chameleonic streak, you feel like you've been flashed with a neuralizer every time you see him in a new role. Zap!!!!!!.
    Did you vixens know there is a fanfiction archive featuring stories starring characters brought to life by Vincent.

    This archives' name is "CHAMELEON" and has a free mailing list on Yahoogroups:
    donofrio.fic

    ReplyDelete
  19. thx for the info, bambi. i am sure a lot of fanfic fans will follow that link.
    (i, personally prefer an other sort of fanfic - will say my sweet dreams xx)
    what's up with jenz btw? abducted by aliens?? miss her on the 13blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. HEy all thanks for all the great greetings and adjectives, currently my computer died a horrid death! Let me phrase it best... teenage party, fluids near computer, no one knows exactly who fried it but whalla jen is sans computer until the end of the month so here i am at the library, aw yes i love this blog so much i am braving the public just for some time with my fave peeps! And to look at his sexiness! Great ideas all!
    jazz orgasmic is great but i must confess HUNKACHUNKA is a fave! I have to add that to my vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete
  21. jenz,
    so sorry to hear about your 'baby's' death :-(
    i drool a lot, as you know; guessing my computer is in danger, too.

    we all hope that you will be able to come back VERY soon. miss you bunches!

    ReplyDelete