Going to hell? Willingly!

Team 13 is delighted to welcome another special Guest Poster - someone who is already well known to regular readers. This is by Artistonthehudson:


WILLINGLY GO TO HELL

So - we have all declared our undying love for a man most of us have never met. But what would you really sacrifice for the love of this man?

After all, we are only flesh and blood, we have needs and desires, longings that can’t be quenched by mere lusting from afar. What would you endure for the object of your affection? The classic love stories (real & fiction) all speak to the human longing for "another soul to love" and the sacrifices people willingly make in their pursuit of their one true love.

Dante had his Beatrice - his guiding light who saved him from the fires of Hell and Purgatory. To save her loved one, Beatrice commissions Virgil to guide Dante through Satan's Inferno and through Purgatory. Once Dante initially ascends into Heaven, Beatrice guides him through the nine celestial spheres of Heaven, and ultimately to Grace. Is there a love more pure, more unselfish, and more compassionate than Beatrice's love for her Dante?

Photobucket

Rudolph Valentino, the silent movie star from the 1920's, had millions of admirers and one (known only as the "Woman in Black") so devoted to him that every year on the anniversary of his death; she brought a single red rose and placed it on his crypt.

The heroic Don Quixote would defend and protect his beloved Dulcinea to the death, if need be.

And finally - is there any greater sacrifice than that of Romeo and Juliet? Their passion for one another goes beyond mere desire. They would rather die than live life without their (as Beethoven referred to his mysterious lover) "immortal beloved."

Death is the ultimate sacrifice; to be united in Heaven for all eternity wrapped in one another's arms.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Love is pure, like Beatrice. Love is raw and passionate like Don Quixote's imaginary Dulcinea; love requires sacrifice and courage like Juliet... love transcends the mortal soul and human longing, and love endures the pain of loss like the "Woman in Black". Love always seeks the promise of tomorrow.

Talk is cheap. What would you do, my fellow Vixens,
for the love of your man?

15 comments:

  1. What would I do? Hmmm.

    Hmmmm.

    Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome and what a wonderful debut post... love is the subject of my latest post, but nothing like this my friend.

    I am a V-Vixon and at the risk of being drummed out the club, I do not confuse my feelings of lust with love.

    I love Vincent but I am not IN love with him.

    He is not my soulmate.

    I lust after some of his characters who crazily turn me on and leave me like a quivering wreck in a puddle. Goren of course is numero uno then the bad boys of Blue and Moriarty and Cholo, then the sweet Valentino and Whitney and THAT KISS in TWWW... wowowowow! Don't get me started.

    However, I do not lust after Vincent per se. His private life is just that and I do not allow my fantasies to intrude in a place they don't belong.

    I once made the ultimate sacrifice for the love of my man. I let him go. Not in this life, but maybe the next will I find out whether he was or was not my one soulmate

    When I love, I love with all my heart and all my soul and I know I would go to the ends of the earth for my man

    Am I a romantic or an idiot? A bit of both

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you are an idiot Ann. I think I can see where you are coming from. VDO's characters are in many cases, WONDERFUL fantasy material, and I would hate for anything to mess with that mojo.

    Part of me thinks that if I knew him in real life, I wouldn't have the same attitude towards him. Fantasy and reality don't always work together in a pie like rhubarb and strawberry do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. life is not always dramatic but to 'manage' little things together gives the feeling of being the love of the other one's life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well in that case Jazzy - YOU must be the love of MY life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lozzie, shit yes!
    moreover - if my definition is right, we are all married to the team13. LOL. hope that is legal on blogger's planet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:27 PM

    i am with ann i love vincent hes hot and a great actor but im not in love with him i just love him as a person nd actor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me begin by thanking Jazzy for helping me with my post and to Tem 13 Projects for inviting me. It has been an honor to be part of this fabulous forum.

    Thankfully, your responses indicate that we are all still sane and have not moved into stalker mode. Ann, thank you for sharing, your comments were not only touching but you allowed yourself to open up and be vulnerable. Something that is rare these days.

    I believe that to love with unfettered passion you must know that person on the most intimate level and surrender to them completely. “I also love with all my heart & soul and I have gone to the ends of the earth for my man”. My soul mate, my immortal beloved husband left this world a year and a half ago. And although, I have spent many long days & nights wondering why, I console myself with the knowledge that at least (if only for a brief time) I had my “happily ever after”; some people never get their “happily ever after”. Life is short so live it with wild abandon and passionate joy my dear Vixens!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:58 PM

    I only know what my heart tells me - I LOVE Vincent D'Onofrio. As the Lady Axe once wisely said, people fall in love across a crowded room without knowing each other, so why not through a TV set or cinema screen? I also know he will never be 'mine' and wouldn't look twice at me anyway (he probably wouldn't even see me, being over a foot beneath his eyeline!), BUT he makes me happy - even if he doesn't know it ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely sentiment, Diane. Truly, love is an emotion that doesn’t make sense; we can’t turn it on and off as we please. It doesn’t matter who we love as long as we love with all our being. I love and lust after VDO, maybe its transference, who knows, and really who cares. And if I met him I would hope he is the man I believe him to be. Happiness should be everyone’s goal in life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for your words, artist!

    imo there is an immense difference between loving a "real" man and loving vince!
    for me, the word love got a very serious meaning, i use it very seldom and never easily. although i have done a lot of foolish things in the name of love; even went willingly to hell and (thx goddess) back again.
    may be i would do it for vince IF i knew him in person; who knows?!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love ... been there ... done that ... the best one died ... the others weren't worthy. Now I'm just happy to "obsess" over our "beloved" VDO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ann – I read your post and was moved by your beautiful expression of love for your family. Yes, the heart is fragile and it’s so important that our loved ones know how we feel about them. You’re right, life is unpredictable & no one is immune from pain, so make the most of each day. BTW - you have a lovely writing style and I am completely addicted to your “At Home with the Gorens” posting. I hope there will be more stories to come.

    Snarkangel – the best ones always seem to be the first to go. I hope you find another soul mate, but until then we can all relish in our absolute adore of VDO. I know I can’t get enough.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well to be honest besides my rugrats not sure i'd die for him but he does give me warm fuzzies. Is he who i believe him to be, well probably not but who is anyway?! I have some sort of 'love' for some ppl so i'm sure i do love his work and his bod to be honest. So yeah i do love 'em!
    Personal note, Snark sorry to hear that, the best ones are always taken from us, but their imprint on our soul lives on with us always! virtual hug!

    ReplyDelete