GROCERY SHOPPING

I love to cook but hate grocery shopping.



It's tedious and I can never find what I want so inevitably I end up going to several stores. BTW - grocery stores in NYC tend to be fairly small.
Because they are so small the shelves go almost up to the ceiling in some stores.



Thus making it difficult for me (I am only 5'3") to reach many items. There are times I just stand there hoping telepathy will make the item I want fall off the shelf and into my arms. More often than not I have to ask some tall stranger for help.


I'm sorry are you talking to me, lady?

Then there's the bar code issue, personally I think Big Brother is keeping track of us through those damn codes! But I digress and sound a tad paranoid. Where was I? Oh yes now I remember, if the item doesn't have a bar code you lapse into what I like to call "Can I have a price on this item" hell. This is where you get to wait forever for someone to come up to the counter look at the item and then find it on the store shelf while you and ten people on line behind you wait for what seems like a lifetime. Lovely.



However, I would certainly change my tune if this item were available at my local grocery store.



And look he comes with his own bar code, how considerate!



I'll take two please, just in case I wear the first one out.



Now wouldn't that be a Happy Accident?


13 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:01 PM

    OK, so who can remember what Sammy said he 'rang up' as if his barcode was scanned??! Please tell me quickly because I'm VERY annoyed with myself that I can't remember *whacks self on head with shoe*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post artist. What I wouldn't give to have a taste of Sammy!

    While in NYC recently, I had to keep myself from laughing out loud like a maniac while on the subway. I was standing looking at the people around me and it hit me like a ton of bricks: most of them were wearing black. :D Of course, I was too, but then, I grew up there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knew where the shop was that sold Sammy's..I'd buy a dozen :-)

    We do actually have a take-away called Sammy's in the village, which makes me smile, but no-one there looks remotely as good as ours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I buy one and get one free?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see Val that you want the two for one offer, aren't you the smart shopper.

    Mauigirl - it is a riot how New Yorkers all wear black. I was visiting my family in Virginia this summer and my nieces and nephews kept asking me why I wear so much black. My only explanation was - I live in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stupid ques and somewhat off topic, but this is my chance to get an answer: Why the heck do all american things smell so heavenly good? (and I'm not talking about Vince, just this once). No, seriously, everything just smells delicious - clothes, toys, soaps, cleaning supplies, tissues, books ... *sigh*
    Okay, I'm weird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post btw. I like the twinkle plate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jazzy - I think it's because we use so many additives in our products, but that's just a guess. The twinkle plate is adorable - maybe to adorable? I couldn't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The "twinkle pie" is the cutest most charming guy I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'Clean Up In Aisle 5'. Tess just...Ummm. 'Clean Up In Aisle 5!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazmat team to aisle 5! Hazmat team to aisle 5!! SnarkAngel just tried to clean up Tess' mess and created his own instead! Hazmat to aisle 5!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Bananas of course. Somehow, that figures....!!!

    ReplyDelete