DINNER FOR TWO?

Guest post from Artistonthehudson


The big night has arrived, he's coming over for dinner. Just the two of you.
You've picked out the perfect little black dress, selected the most enticing perfume, your silk under garments cost you almost as much as the little black dress, and the shoes are to die for.



Now the only problem is what to cook for dinner and what wine to serve with it? In the LO:CI episode "A Person of Interest" we know that Bobby ordered Veal Parmigiana five nights in a row at Sal's Restaurant in Brooklyn. But is that his favorite dish? One wonders? Maybe he was just flirting with the waitress?



Certainly something Italian, but nothing too messy. You don’t want to be wearing dinner, especially not on your new dress. Spaghetti is out of the question, it's impossible to eat it without looking like six year old.


What wine to choose of course it depends on the meal whether to choose red or white?
He might prefer a Glenlivet Scotch before dinner, have to add that to my shopping list.

The table is set, the candles are lit, everything's in place, oh dear forgot the music.
What music to put on, contemporary, classical, Italian Opera, blues, rock & roll, so much
to choose from – Marvin Gaye – always a possibility.



What would you prepare for Vincent
if he was coming to your house for dinner?

Don’t forget the wine, and the absolutely essential music?
After all what better way to get him into your arms – as Frank Sinatra so aptly
put it when he sang

Come Dance With Me.

Cause what is dancing but making love set to music.

15 comments:

  1. Here goes.........

    Caprese with lemon basil and kalamata olives, Norman Estates "Monster" Merlot.

    Grilled lamb chops marinated in olive oil/rosemary/thyme and garlic.Broasted baby red potatoes with rosemary/thyme/garlic and LOTS of butter, candied carrots and DaVinci chianti.

    Soft jazz and Big Band dance music (heavy on Dean Martin love songs).

    Chocolate covered strawberries and ME WITH NO PANTIES for dessert.

    Breakfast is another matter.....wink, wink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't cook!!

    But, 'Breakfast for two'....I can make toast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic post. I only wish I looked like Audrey Hepburn, too.

    I'd hire caterers. There are certain occasions where I DO NOT WANT TO COOK (we're having a take-away curry for Christmas Dinner this year) and entertaining The Noff for an evening is one of those occasions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you asked what I'd prepare if he was coming to dinner there is only one reply...my bedroom :-D

    I don't drink,and my cooking skills leave a lot to be desired (unless cake for dinner is acceptable)so there is really only one thing I can offer....

    ReplyDelete
  5. how about laying naked on the dining table with a can of whipped cream, chocolate body paint and a jar of cherries on the side

    or

    cook and feed each other a sumptuous meal - no cutlery

    or

    instead of making a meal, make reservations for dinner, bed and breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:05 PM

    Since I can't cook, I'd cheat and hire someone to cook something WONDERFUL that I could serve up. It wouldn't matter what, as far as I was concerned, since I'd only have an appetite for him ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would not make a big deal out of the cooking-thing. when a man comes over for dinner he is not really interested in a meal.
    thanks goddess, men are easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd just prepare the bed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what great responses. Fuzzytweetie – I’m coming to your house for dinner, sounds fantastic! The chocolate covered strawberries are a nice touch. Ann – you are a Vixen! I love all of your ideas. I think I’d choose the first option personally, but I’d make it raspberry sauce (my favorite) instead of cherries.

    Knowing how hard the man works, I don’t him to pass out at the wrong time from a low blood sugar level so I think I would serve the following (not as exciting as yours Fuzzytweetie):
    Appetizer: Cream of asparagus soup (to warm him up on a cold, bitter day)
    Main Course: Honey - maple glazed ham (easy to make)
    Side dishes: roasted parsnips & carrots with sage, salad & potato au gratin
    Wine: 2005 Chateau Des Jacques Moulin-A-Vent (Beaujolais)
    Music: I’ll start with something romantic like Andrea Bocelli’s Romanza and then slowly work my way to Marvin Gaye’s sexy version of “I Want You”. Possibly a little Aretha Franklin in between courses.
    Dessert: I’ll let you use your imaginations!

    Maybe in the morning we can have cheesecake and coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. artist, tsk,tsk.....you said a naughty word....parsnips (ala Nicole)!!!LOL. This is actually my husband's fav meal. Works on him, should work on Vinny/Bobby, too. Breakfast would actually be brunch, we'd have to sleep in, you know...!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You caught me Fuzzytweetie, I was wondering if someone would pick up on that. I like your idea of brunch, perhaps champagne & eggs benedict in bed. But would you REALLY be sleeping in?

    ReplyDelete
  12. no, you can't do that, artist. LOL!

    no asparagus! what ever you serve a man who stays for the night - no asparagus!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops, you're right Jazzy! Make that Lobster Bisque. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course we'd be sleeping...wink, wink.....sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. One thing for sure ... I'd have to start off with oysters, lots and lots of oysters ...

    ReplyDelete